Relative to other contact centers, 311 centers are very young, appearing in the United States just over 20 years ago. Since that time, citizens now need to connect through multiple and more modern channels — email, apps, websites and phones, each adding another layer of complexity.
At this 311 center, incoming calls can vary greatly, from garbage pickup and building permits, to parking tickets, animal control and graffiti. Agents must be knowledgeable about a wide range of topics. Training programs were 6 weeks long and packed full of constantly changing information. It would then be another two years before agents were fully proficient, at which point they would often be promoted or leave to pursue other opprtunities. The result was that the center was investing significant time, money and energy into training, only to have agents leave just as they were becoming experts.
“This is one of the easiest products I’ve used in my call center career and we have seen immediate improvements in the center. It’s easy to set up, maintain and use. Our training immediately was reduced by two weeks, our agents use it every day and we have fewer errors. The staff support at ProcedureFlow is first class!”
Given the large investment required in training, the center’s Operations and Training managers wanted to focus their efforts on reducing training time and getting their agents up to speed as fast as possible. Leveraging ProcedureFlow, they reduced training time from 6 weeks down to 4 immediately after implementation. They have also seen an improvement in quality scores for every area that has started using ProcedureFlow, and agents are hitting their quality targets faster than ever before.
Their ProcedureFlow implementation was a huge success, and the center is now looking for other areas of the business which can also benefit from using ProcedureFlow. While management evaluates the next best place to implement ProcedureFlow, this 311 center is already enjoying the many benefits:
- Training time reduced from 6 weeks down to 4 weeks — a 33% reduction.
- Processes and procedures are easier to manage and can be created faster.
- Procedures are mapped out in easy to follow, step-by-step instructions improving consistency across all agents.
- Agents can reach full proficiency faster and take live calls sooner.
- There are fewer support calls and agents are meeting quality targets faster.
- Response time to citizens has decreased.
- Agents can provide more accurate and up-to-date information to citizens.